Rotary Engine Technology

The World Rotary Engine concept is based on the rotary engine and enhances the advantages of the rotary engine, such as compact size, simple construction, vibration-free running, ability to run on several fuels and a high power to weight ratio, and modular construction.

Developments in materials over the last decades increase reliability and our design of a pre-chamber ignition in which an extremely lean fuel mixture is ignited allows this engine to be extremely fuel-efficient and clean.

The unique feature of this engine is the combination of a patented cooling system as well as an external combustion chamber in which a very lean mixture of clean fuels like hydrogen, CNG, LNG, GTL, biogas or bio-ethanol can be ignited, as well as the regular diesel, kerosene and gasoline fuels.

The properties of an external combustion chamber dictate that it does not alter its shape trough the combustion cycle, and eliminates a large drawback of the rotary engine; the large size of the combustion chamber and the resulting slow combustion and heat loss.

All this combined in an engine that is simple in its construction and uses a minimum of parts and resources to build compared to conventional engines.

This is a new generation of engines, which is a cost-effective, clean, reliable, compact and fuel-efficient alternative to hydrogen generators.

As developments on the use of hydrogen are advancing quickly at the moment (like the use of formic acid which will simplify the storage of hydrogen in a vehicle, and Shell installing a nationwide network of 400 hydrogen fuel stations in Germany), we are convinced this is the perfect time to refine and offer our technology to the world.


Turbulent Jet injection for rotary engine

The Scuderia Ferrari formula one team developed in cooperation with Mahle Motorsports a pre-chamber injection for their Formula One engines. This innovation was introduced in the 2015 season and while not much information was made public for reasons of competitive advantage it has become clear what this technology consists of and what the advantage is.

The Turbulent Jet injection (TJI) system incorporates a small pre-chamber in which the injector and the spark plug reside. The injection is made at around 60-deg before TDC. 97% of the fuel energy goes into the main combustion chamber, with the remaining 3% in this small pre-chamber. A nozzle between the pre-chamber and the main chamber has a series of tiny holes, presenting the mix to the main chamber in a series of high-pressure jets. The spark arrives in the pre-chamber at around 22-deg before top-dead centre (BTDC) and that igniting mass is allowed into the main combustion chamber at between 12 and 5-degrees BTDC – thereby igniting the fuel within the main chamber.

This system, Mahle Jet Ignition as it is called by the creators is very similar to the pre-camber combustion technology used in the FM NL World Rotary Engine in which a mixture of air and fuel is combusted which in turns ignites an extremely lean mixture in the main combustion chamber.

This functionality is especially beneficial for the rotary engine as the combustion chamber in a rotary engine is relatively large, this technology eliminates issues like loss of energy and slow combustion.

As the current climate and developments towards less dependence on fossil fuels dictates that new technologies are needed to achieve this aim, and we feel that this gives our technology an excellent opportunity for success.

Interested? Contact us!

Leading comes from innovation, quality comes from detail